Nondor vs. Nandor: To Live and Shave in L.A. Cubed

N. Nevai phoned yesterday while I was walking through the university media lab. I left the building, walked outside, and mostly listened. Our conversations are still somewhat stilted, and this one was no exception. Still, it's good to be glueing bridge fragments. He had good news, appalling news, disappointing news. It's always hair-pulling time with Nondor, and usually a malingering drift about the edges of ribald delight with Nandor. He personifies duality, and the Hegelian fusion of poles inevitably forces displacement. He exploits this with varying degrees of success. When he's off, he's insipid, mawkish, uncomfortably plaintive. But when he's on...

This is the Nevai I choose to encourage. The Nevai who slaloms off the face of the ineffable and plops head first into the lap of a brazenly femme Brazilian pre-op, scattering magnetic poetry tiles across the hood of an overdue Cobalt rental coupe driven by a Valley runaway wearing tight blue worsted tap pants.

It's good that he's back among the living dead.

TS

PS: Check out this link to Lucia Nevai's new book, Seriously: A Novel. (She's Nondor's mom.) If you've never met her, you've missed out. A groovy lady.

Comments

ommyth said…
Good Morning, Bruno! (Dude, I haven't forgotten about those discs. Forgive me - I'm pretty swamped here at univ.; post-semester wrap-up is taking forever.) I Mine the Ore will be the first disc to emerge. (TSSR are releasing it this year.) Don't hold your breath too long or you'll explode!

TS
ommyth said…
You'll be deducted twenty points for the error.

Bste,

Tmo
ommyth said…
Reg, in the Arabian, the ulna is fused; there is an additional, compensatory thoracic vertebrae.

(And, in case you were wondering, you need only change your automobile's oil every 7,000 miles.)

I thought Delta Burke was ALL WRONG as Padme, but I enjoyed Doc Pomus as Mischa Barton.

TS
ommyth said…
Goddamnit Andrew,

It took forever to determine which way your paper was heading... Those questions nearly killed me! I'll never agree to an interview again... You BASTARD!!!

(Congrats on the A, and thanks for thinking of me.)

Best,

Tom

Popular Posts