Peeking Out from Under...

Hello, still here, but listing due to the 10-foot wash of university obligations. (Papers always make me wet.) Apologies, etc. Regarding the rarities posts, never fear: swag looms. I've been attending to the (always thrilling) tasks of ID3 tag and normalization contour agreement, bitrate matching, and file integrity testing. (In plain old Ukrainian, Я хочу бути упевненим, що звуки матеріалів добре і надає вам адекватну інформацію.) Vedder Vedder Bedwetter (for all its gargantuan oafishness) and "Helen Butte" vs. Masonna Pussy Badsmell have been completely remastered, and I've pulled seven or eight gigabytes of unreleased and/or otherwise unobtainable material for inclusion.

This turned out to be a much larger undertaking than I'd imagined. TLASILA have probably recorded several thousand hours of music (stretch that definition any way you see fit) since 1991; selecting 150 minutes of that store has been surprisingly difficult. (That's also why you won't be seeing a Peach of Immortality compilation anytime soon - the amount of extant material is simply overwhelming. What the Hell were we thinking?)

So, I haven't forgotten. Three more papers to write, then on to the uploads.

TS

P.S. I'm more than aware that those thousands of hours of To Live and Shave recordings (and a very healthy slice of the POI larder) conceal a fuckload of dross. I tend to document failures, delirious accidents, and the occasional succès d'estime with equivalent avidity. I'll do my damnedest to parse the platinum from the p-orridge...

Comments

ommyth said…
Boat Of is a definite for late '06, although I'm really only a third (or so) through the tape transfers. Several hundred hours of material... Jesus, I wish I hadn't been so 1) megalomaniacal 2) scrupulous. It'll drape the late '79 to early '83 span...

The POI comp/box/pyre is just gonna have to wait - there's so much stuff in the archive (including 15-odd albums that were recorded, mixed, remixed, mastered, and ultimately unreleased)... I can't imagine when I'll have the time to mount a thorough curatorial effort. I suggested to GK at Smack Shire that we issue a two-disc 20th anniversary edition of "Jehovah" My Black Ass - R.E.M. Is Air Supply! (it was originally issued as a pre-release 12-inch disc in November 1986, and was to have been later augmented by a second vinyl album), but he felt it best to move ahead with the Boat Of project... C'est la guerre.

Popular Posts