50 Is the New Ethnographic Avalanche...

Well, I'm definitely on the flip side of human existence, and I'm not at all afraid. Vain? Definitely. Absurd? Profoundly so. Thwarted and occasionally pummeled by various demons? Mais oui. Frightened of the inevitable? I will stride toward inevitable and stick my tongue down its throat. We are all ultimately nothing, so what's to lose?

---

Snaps from the birthday celebration (and bleary day after):



(TS and Rat, Atlanta, April 8, 2006; photo by C2.)



(The gifts begin to mount - this cache held particularly sapid treats.)



(TS, blind drunk but suave at the b'day dinner...)



(This is what 50 looks like, kids. Self-portrait, April 10, 1956.)

Comments

Spaulding said…
(TS, blind drunk but suave at the b'day dinner...)

I was gonna say!

Hope you had a most excellent 50th Birthday Celebration, Tom.

Here's to the future!
ommyth said…
Thanks a heap (of 50-year-old drunks), 007! It wasn't a wild affair (more a dinner with lots of drinks than a blow-out), but it was definitely fun.

Here's to past, present, and future simultaneously!

Cheers,

TS, vegan martini addict
ommyth said…
Hello Andrew,

Thanks for the post-b'day blast. Much obliged!

Hmmm, vegan martini... As a vegan, I'd demur; it sounds repulsive!

(However, most martini ingredients are v*gan by default.)

Any-fucking-way, a classic martini consists of two oz. of gin to one-half oz. of dry vermouth.

I prefer a dirty vodka martini - three oz. of dead cold Russian vodka topped with a teaspoon of olive juice.

Sweet death.

I drink very rarely, but when I do...

Best,

Tom

Popular Posts