Freaked and Tweaked...

(Revised 28 Sept 06.)

I'm still here, still cowering, but gradually regaining bipedal bearing and the old mangled savior-faire. Took a week off to crawl, muttering, through the muck, but with Shavian obligations looming ever larger I was forced to shear pubes and twist life into a reverse cowboy. Gotta walk before you can slither...

Updated the TLASILA domain earlier; look out for Noon and Eternity/Horoscopo-related pieces in the forthcoming weeks in Skyscraper, Dusted, and the online edition of Spin. (Chris Grier created a rad Noon mashup for the latter.) In late October I'll be touring with Black Meat on their mini-trek through the NE; the next To Live and Shave in L.A. tour begins after Thanksgiving. A precise itinerary is currently being lashed together... Coordinates will be posted.

Doing a remix for Xiu Xiu, and working against the clock to complete plumbing and exterior molding for Savage Land's release of Les Tricoteuses. A helluva lot of material in the offing.

No longer on life support: according to the ever-brilliant, perpetually sick-ass Gerard Klauder, Smack Shire will soon be gearing up again. About bloody time! Several perplexing releases in queue.

There's more, but I'm forgetting it at the moment.

Haven't yet heard from Evan (my son). Reckon he's either in Kuwait or on the Iraq/Syrian border. Such an incalculable bummer... Cruel ironies are stacked to the ceiling.

Tom

---

(Below, a mordant swath of toilet stall collage from the men's room of the Underground, Hamilton, Ontario. Photo by TS, September 3, 2006.)

Comments

ommyth said…
Kinda like the idea of you slinging suds at a Bangles concert, but having to slog high-fat slop at a friggin' NFL circus... Sheesh!

The itinerary is still under revision; should have the damned thing together soon.

Not likely venturing west of Tennessee this time; we're definitely going up to Boston, skipping NYC altogether ('cuz we played two shows there in early September), then rolling down to Georgia, possibly Florida. As few as five gigs, as many as ten, with in-stores and radio sessions interspersed. The January trek will cover the West Coast, with a possible dip into Mexico. More info as we cough it up.

TS
Anonymous said…
like the new look of da site...
ommyth said…
Merci, Anon. I trust it will improve...

Cheers,

TS
ommyth said…
Merci, Bruno. I can't really do much of anything for Evan at this point, save send the l'amour... Don't even have an address yet. Fuck... Bush and company are steamrolling a genuinely foul bit of legislation through the Senate today... I'm so fucking ashamed to be a citizen of a nation whose only rising stock in trade seems to be moral bankruptcy...

Sorry, BB - I'm rambling. My sadness hides rage...

Gotta hit the gym and work off some of this anger.

TS
Spaulding said…
XIU XIU?! That's crazy! I love XIU XIU!
ommyth said…
Hey 00, AS...

Yeah, I like XX too. Looking forward to tacking the remix.

(Haven't done it yet - this week I'm finishing Les Tricoteuses for Savage Land.)

Andrew, I don't begrudge you at all. That's good money. Until Wayne and Thurston offer you matching per diems to attend their shows, salt away those Franklins!

Best,

Tom

Best,

TS
Anonymous said…
"perplexing" releases. give me a fucking break.
ommyth said…
No, I shan't. Have you heard them? Have you the first clue? I think not.

They perplex me endlessly... I speak only for myself.

I won't presume to guess anything about you, however. I'll leave your predilections to yourself.

Otherwise, Anon., we thank you for posting. You seem to have a lot of time on your hands, and thus we are honored that you would spend some of it with us...
Anonymous said…
i like puppies.
ommyth said…
On rye...

Popular Posts