Talk to Me, Please

I'm slowly recovering from the meltdown. Last semester was far too stressful, and I have vowed to take some time away from the grind. I'm too distracted (my father's illness weighs heavily upon my half-devoured mind), and I've at last admitted to myself that under these circumstances, I can't properly focus on academics. I want to tour with TLASILA (and other aggregations, if opportunities should present themselves) and see a bit more of the world.

Stark reality: I can't repair my dad.



Although my presence here is doubtless mollifying, I've begun to question the wisdom of my actions. Fuck, I dunno. I'm conflcited...

Right. Now, a few questions for you:

Do you like the blog? Do I post often enough? Would you prefer to be offered more mp3 downloads? Any specific requests? Should I just dump the fucker?

Re TLASILA's forthcoming tour:

Given the still-nascent state of our itinerary, are we ignoring your town? Are there venues you would recommend? It's your soapbox too, y'know... Any ideas?

Gotta run, but I'll be back tomorrow.

Liebe,

TS

Comments

Anonymous said…
i am not a blogger here, but i regularly check yours. your words are always entertaining to me, even to little observations. sure , yes, i do want more mp3s as i missed out on a lot of them that arent available anymore. any albums that you feel you should share that are hard to find, odds and ends, whatever would make me yay.
as far as touring, you're totally ignoring MY town... of course i live in hawaii. har. but i do have someone i plan to visit in san francisco around the summer time... oh, and also i would love downloadable footage. *why is rat always kneeling over during shows?
most hilarious and asinine question someone asked me after a show ; " so do you like, practice rolling around on the ground?" i'm pretty sure there was no sarcasm either...
ommyth said…
Hi Guys,

Thanks for sending your replies.

Bruno, I prefer to post more frequently, but of late I've had my brain switched off. I beg your forgiveness. I'm fairly certain that neither Amour Fou or PCvPC will be included in the TLASILA box in their entirety; I'll post them for you (and other interested parties) in the next few days. Regarding the Canadian swing, things are moving far too slowly for my liking. At this point, only Toronto and Montreal are confirmed. I'd prefer a minimum of five dates, but we may have to do with the two and slink back into the States for the obligatory Midwestern swing... I'm disappointed.

Reg, I'm sorry about the dial-up limitations you face. You might want to check out the MySpace page - I tend to post very short mashups and edits there; many have been less than a megabyte in size. More pix of Rat will be forthcoming!

Mikey, Rat kneels before the goddess of performance insobriety with a devotion most fundamentalists could never muster... We rehearse the rolling around bits between 12 and 18 hours per day, 365 days a year, in three-year increments. On the fourth year of every 24-year cycle, we rest...

Thanks for Your Responses,

Tom

Popular Posts