Friday, October 31, 2008
I'm sitting in the Cool Palm's front room in Hannover, catching up on the news back home. SAS didn't have a live news channel on their in-flight system*, so I missed Senator Obama's infomercial. Just watched it, and I admit that I got a little choked up around the 27-minute mark. As the Huffington Post's Rachael Sklar points out, it definitely wasn't bug-eyed Ross Perot gesticulating over a pie chart. It was a ratings hit as well, far outdrawing Game 6 of the World Series...
*SAS offered sixteen films in economy class, including Billy Wilder's brilliant 1960 tragicomedy The Apartment and Klaus Härö's astute 2007 drama Den Nya Människan -- I watched those, as well as Get Smart, which I'd avoided on release. The Steve Carell-Ken Davitian scenes at KAOS HQ in Mockva made me laugh out loud...
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
I'm on the first leg, waiting for the boarding call at JAX. Everyone in the terminal is super-friendly today, even the TSA drones. So, either I'm radiating disgustingly ameliorative vibes, or disaster looms. Keeping shredded flippers fluttering for the former. Pix, as always, will be posted as soon as I have more than a few frantic secs. Next stop, Dulles...
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Time pays tribute here.
If you still haven't purchased or rented the 2004 documentary Inside Deep Throat (and make sure you get the NC-17 theatrical version), do so. It's excellent.
Monday, October 27, 2008
I've been working on a top-to-bottom re-design of the TLASILA website for a couple of months. Only a few pages have been made available during this time -- perhaps a few more than anyone needed! Nonetheless, I've completed phase one, and you're all invited to peruse the low-hanging fruit of my titanic labors...
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Read more here.
(1995, Betley Welcomes Careful Drivers C-90, no matrix number, out of print.)
Side A (38:10)
Knitting Factory, New York, NY (21 Feb 95)
01 No More Was Needed to Inflame My Balls
02 Pull Chains of Memphis
03 One Navel of Decline
04 Moschino Powerslum
05 Gone and Bitched Up
06 Wanna Bust Up a Virgin Ass?
Gallery Film House, Ybor City, FL (12 Aug 95)
07 She Once Liked to Fuck a Drowsy Woman
08 The Genealogy of Orestes (According to Trace-Horse)
09 "Whore's Mug," Sometime Fustigator
10 Honeycomb Tripe
11 New Poem Dramatized for Lux Cudgel
i. Rat vs. Shadow Ring (13 Aug 95)
Side B (37:40)
Cat's Cradle, Chapel Hill, NC (16 Aug 95)
12 Kopenhagen Lounge
13 Flesh and Brimstone
14 Scrimshaw Woman
Dottie's, Atlanta, GA (3 Sept 95)
15 Scrimshaw Woman
16 Resurrection of Eve
17 Beyond De Sade
Local 186, Allston, MA (5 Sept 95)
18 She Once Liked to Fuck a Drowsy Woman
Although transferred to hard disc at 96000 Hz / 24-bit, then ripped to mp3 at 320 kbps, this is still pretty goddamned no-fi stuff, owing primarily to the original cassette deck-to-cassette deck assembly, BWCD's third-generation transfer (necessarily, to low-grade tape stock), the ungovernable roar that was our 1995 live sound, and the absurd wind tunnel acoustics we captured via stereo cassette in the first place. Although the compilation underwent a cursory mastering pass in late '95 at The Studio in Miami, all I probably managed to do was brighten the inherent hiss and stir the already-smeared tonalities in the dregs of the moor... That noted, enjoy!!
Far higher quality versions of some of the material originally excepted on "Her-Her" (a title derived from fused serial cut-ups of passages from 70s porn novels) will likely appear on the forthcoming Menlo Park Recordings box, Refusal.
Rat Bastard - bass and snores
Tom Smith - voice and tape
Ben Wolcott - oscillator
Jared Hendrickson - guitar (1-6)
Charlie Speight - guitar (12-14)
"Mastered" by TS on 14 Oct 95 at The Studio, Miami, FL.
(188 MB, ripped @ 320.)
At another country house in the village,
"It is not economic prosperity but peace that guarantees press freedom. That is the main lesson to be drawn from the world press freedom index that Reporters Without Borders compiles every year and from the 2008 edition, released today."
Read the full report here.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Below, please find a clip from a documentary directed and narrated by Ginger Baker (!) of...
Fela Kuti and the Africa '70, performing live in Calabar, Nigeria, in 1971!
Does anyone have the rest of this (obviously) priceless relic?
And as if that weren't enough, a full (27-minute!) dose of "Army Arrangement":
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
"Obama has consistently proved himself in the presidential contest as the candidate with the greater humility and deeper character. In contrast to the opposition, Obama has strived to maintained a healthy boundary between his family, his personal life, and the campaign."
Monday, October 20, 2008
Below, a grab from UV's absurdly brilliant second set-piece:
(The great Francesca Natividad as "Lavonia Shedd" in Meyer's flawless 1979 exegesis. As Roger Ebert noted in his script for the film, she was a "pulverizing crucible of fulfillment." Now there's an epitaph!)
Sunday, October 19, 2008
A Children’s Treasury of Wingnut Responses to Powell Endorsing Obama
My favorite, by a parsec:
"As a white blues guitarist here in NY City I too have seen reversed racism."
And as a Polynesian Shaker earning a Masters in Millinery at ESMOD Rennes, I heartily abjure from concurrence. Oh, the split seams!
Saturday, October 18, 2008
In the 44 years since its release, Kobayashi's wraith-riven omnibus has lost none of its mesmerizing power. One drowns in its imagery, shares the resolute helplessness of its doomed protagonists. A near-perfect work.
Friday, October 17, 2008
Thursday, October 16, 2008
I've become far too irritated by this death slog of a campaign -- the morning of November 5th can't come soon enough. Senator Obama is so obviously superior to the jowly old dude yelling at clouds, and Senator Biden is fucking Pythagoras compared to the presumably demon-free sperm glutton... Can't the Park Service dispatch a black arts operative to anesthetize and relocate McCancer and MILFlin back to Buckskin Mountain, or Kachemak, or Mosul, or the Einstein Cross quasar? I've had my fill of Hee Haw -- it's time for Horrors of Malformed Men, for a point of view mediated not by corrosive bromides but the surreality of truth in its tortured (and thus comforting) excrescence...
Our Gangsta Lean:
Rat was always the odd man out, at least politically - he likes Limbaugh, Savage, wingnut radio in general. (What could one do?) Ben's far more circumspect than either al-Falestra or myself, but I suspect he's a leftie. Me? I'm a fucking commie. Fleming, Morgan, Hussein-Grier, Graham, all liberal. Gaybomb professed support for Hillary during the primaries, and I doubt he'll be recording any Califone ditties for McDead. Balazs and Sickboy are EU residents, and thus cannot take part, but they seem to regard Obama as the man, and Sidney as putative douche-in-chief. Patrick Spurlock? O/B. Mark Shellhaas and Kelly Jamison? On the fence, maybe. (I'm obviously uncertain. Guys? A clarification?) Nandor is probably voting a straight Wiccan ticket. And I'm going out on a limb here and guessing Misty will pull the level for the Senator from Illinois. Weasel? Dunno - I've often caught a whiff of that "I refuse to vote" smoke from Herr Walter, but perhaps I was detecting MHC molecules, post-blasbeat, wafting from his pits. Thurston? Granola, one of us. Andrew? He'll be an ambassador someday...
Post-blather analysis: Obama was found to have handily won the 49th debate. Less than three weeks to go... Hope to celebrate in the streets of Hannover with the Cool Palm! (Or wrench out my hair, one follicle at a time, should disaster befall Die Heimat.)
(Either way, I'll post pix...)
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Time for new mashups? Antic tour tales? Photos documenting the usual goings on?
Oh, alright, the latter.
This was what I saw from the corner of my bloodshot right orb at 4:35 on October 13 whilst working on a remix for the group Starving Weirdos...
(Click above for a larger version of the image.)
One can never go wrong with Bride of Frankenstein.
Monday, October 13, 2008
"As the economy worsens and Election Day approaches, a conservative campaign that blames the global financial crisis on a government push to make housing more affordable to lower-class Americans has taken off on talk radio and e-mail.
Commentators say that's what triggered the stock market meltdown and the freeze on credit. They've specifically targeted the mortgage finance giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, which the federal government seized on Sept. 6, contending that lending to poor and minority Americans caused Fannie's and Freddie's financial problems.
Federal housing data reveal that the charges aren't true, and that the private sector, not the government or government-backed companies, was behind the soaring subprime lending at the core of the crisis..."Read the full article: Private sector loans, not Fannie or Freddie, triggered crisis
From the piece:
We could go on and on with evidence that the Chicago Annenberg Challenger was a rather vanilla charitable group. For example, under the deal with Annenberg every dollar from him had to be matched by two from elsewhere. The co-funders were a host of respected, mainstream institutions, such as the National Science Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, the W.K. Kellogg Foundation and the Chicago Public Schools.
In short, this was a mainstream foundation funded by a mainstream, Republican business leader and led by an overwhelmingly mainstream, civic-minded group of individuals. Ayers' involvement in its inception and on an advisory committee do not make it radical – nor does the funding of programs involving the United Nations and African-American studies.This attack is false, but it's more than that – it's malicious. It unfairly tars not just Obama, but all the other prominent, well-respected Chicagoans who also volunteered their time to the foundation. They came from all walks of life and all political backgrounds, and there's ample evidence their mission was nothing more than improving ailing public schools in Chicago. Yet in the heat of a political campaign they have been accused of financing radicalism.
McCancer has run out of rope...
Sunday, October 12, 2008
There's an excellent account in Editor & Publisher's E&P Pub blog:
"The biggest problem: when Palin came out to onto the Wachovia Center ice Saturday night — greeted by resounding (almost deafening) boos from the Flyers crowd — the the two hockey players who had no choice but to appear with her in that photo op were turned into props in a political campaign..."
Friday, October 10, 2008
"Starting the day with two new ones from Blossoming Noise - the long-long-awaited Miss High Heel retrospective CD, awaited by me because it was a Chicago band, a supergroup in fact, convened by Tom Smith and associates during his extended 1995-1996 residency in the Windy City, with Smith and Marlon Magas on twin vocals ("a thoroughly ersatz Sam and Dave" says TS in the liners), Weasel Walter on drums, Azita Youseffi and Jim O'Rourke on synths, Bill Pisarri and Chuck Falzone (both of Flying Luttenbachers) on basses, rounded out by no less than Jodi Mecanic (of Duotron and Monotrona) and Nandor Nevai (the one and only) and Mike Green (Boat Of) on I'm not even sure what. There's talk of harmolodics in the liners, and that ain't ersatz, as this is basically a brutal double quartet, a hellish post-noise rethink of Ornette's Prime Time, with such twists as the drums doubled by cryptic and relentless blast collages assembled by Smith from death metal CDs, and the doubled lead vocals that incessantly shout down fans and critics and know-it-alls and know-nothings alike. The disc is exhaustive to say the least... there was a moment when I had been listening for what seemed like a good 30 or 40 minutes and thought, "Well, it's probably almost over" and walked over to the CD player to find that it was on track....8 out of 21. And 9 through 21 weren't no one-minute novelty items either. In spite (or because) of the band interplay being so ruthless and larger-than-life, I'll probably never be able to listen to the disc all the way through. But I'm still kind of excited that it's finally here..."
Thursday, October 09, 2008
Smash the other person's head against the wall,
Wednesday, October 08, 2008
Tuesday, October 07, 2008
Monday, October 06, 2008
Wilson lists 30 lies promulgated by the GOP, McCain, and their surrogates, but I found only 28. Still, a richness of embarrassments!
The gutter politics of the McCain campaign is reaching down once again to denounce Obama for his distant past links to Bill Ayers in an unprecedented guilt-by-association attack for a presidential campaign.
Sarah Palin declared, "This is someone who sees America as imperfect enough to pal around with terrorists who targeted their own country."
The New York Times article, which prompted Palin's remarks, actually concluded that "the two men do not appear to have been close. Nor has Mr. Obama ever expressed sympathy for the radical views and actions of Mr. Ayers."
CNN Political Ticker evaluated Palin's "palling" charges and concluded, "False. There is no indication that Ayers and Obama are now palling around, or that they have had an ongoing relationship in the past three years. Also, there is nothing to suggest that Ayers is now involved in terrorist activity or that other Obama associates are....CNN's review of project records found nothing to suggest anything inappropriate in the volunteer projects in which the two men were involved."
Back in February, the Washington Post reported in a fact check, But the Obama-Ayers link is a tenuous one.(Washington Post, 2/18/08)
As part of a larger project where I'm compiling a long list of all the lies and smears spread about Obama, here are 30 lies about Ayers and Obama.
Tonight's Hannity's America featured more of these absurd lies about Obama and Ayers in Hannity's infomercial for idiocy, including an amazing interview with legendary anti-Semitic crackpot Andy Martin:
1. LIE: "My view is that the community organizer was really a sham event. Bill Ayers was testing him."(Andy Martin, Hannity's America, October 5, 2008, "Obama and His Friends: History of Radicalism")
TRUTH: Bill Ayers had nothing to do with Obama's community organizing job. It's pure lunacy to imagine that Ayers was "testing" Obama.
2. LIE: Obama's "community organizing is a grand scheme perpetuated by none other than William Ayers."(Sean Hannity, Hannity's America, October 5, 2008, "Obama and His Friends: History of Radicalism")
TRUTH: Obama's community organizing was not a vast conspiracy for revolution devised by Bill Ayers.
3. LIE: "They live half a mile from William Ayers, the unrepentant terrorist" and "Just a half a mile from those homes is Louis Farrakhan."(Hannity's America, October 5, 2008, "Obama and His Friends: History of Radicalism")
TRUTH: It's true, of course, that Obama lives in this same neighborhood, as do tens of thousands of other people who presumably are also guilty by geographical association. The logic of this argument would be, if you live half a mile from a sex offender, then you agree with child molesters.
4. LIE: Obama and Ayers "appeared together at various public engagements...it would seem that they are more than just a little bit friendly."(Sean Hannity, Hannity's America, October 5, 2008, "Obama and His Friends: History of Radicalism")
TRUTH: Appearing on a speaking panel is not a sign of friendship. There is no evidence that Obama had any role in ever inviting Ayers to speak.
5. LIE: In 1995, Ayers and Dohrn "hosted a political coming out party for a young Barack Obama."(Sean Hannity, Hannity's America, October 5, 2008, "Obama and His Friends: History of Radicalism")
TRUTH: This was an event for Alice Palmer, not a "coming-out party" for Obama. Obama was invited by Palmer to the event.
But long before tonight's Hannity, the right-wing has been spreading a series of lies about Obama and Ayers.
6. LIE: "Bill Ayers is an unrepentant terrorist."
TRUTH: Bill Ayers is not, and apparently never was, a terrorist. The conventional definition of a terrorist is someone who tries to kill innocent people for political purposes. As Factcheck.org noted, In fact, nobody died as a result of bombings in which Ayers said he participated as part of the Weather Underground. (Factcheck.org)
7. LIE: "I'm sure he's very patriotic, but his relationship with Mr. Ayers is open to question....Because, if you're going to associate and have as a friend and serve on a board and have a guy kick off your campaign that says he's unrepentant, that he wished he'd bombed more. And then, the worst thing of all, that I think really indicates Senator Obama's attitude, is he had the incredible statement that he compared Mr. Ayers, an unrepentant terrorist -- an unrepentant terrorist, with Senator Tom Coburn. Senator Coburn, a physician who goes to Oklahoma on the weekends and brings babies into life.' (John McCain, April 20, 2008, ABC's This Week with George Stephanopoulos)
TRUTH: Obama was not friends with Ayers. Ayers did not kick off Obama's campaign. And Obama was not comparing Ayers' actions with Coburn. Obama was pointing out that he works with people even when he disagrees with them.
8. LIE: "Obama's oldest friend in politics is a murderer and unrepentant terrorist. Why are they friends?"(ExposeObama.com email, Sept. 7, 2008)
TRUTH: Ayers isn't Obama's oldest friend in politics.
9. LIE: Ayers was "Obama's boss."(Jerome Corsi, p. 147)
TRUTH: The chair of a foundation board is not the boss of the members.
10. LIE: Jerome Corsi claimed Alice "Palmer would never have introduced Obama to the Hyde Park political community at the Ayres-Dohrn home unless she saw an affinity between Ayers and Dohrn's radical leftist history, her own history of far-leftist politics, and the politics of Barack Obama."(p. 137)
TRUTH: The event wasn't held primarily for Obama. It was Palmer's own announcement that she would run for Congress. Obama was there as Palmer's endorsed successor for her Senate seat, but there's no evidence that he had any role in deciding to hold it at Ayers' home.
11. LIE: Jerome Corsi claims about Obama: "either he did not know Ayers and Dohrn are still radical leftists--in which case he is implausibly naive--or Obama did know, which would confirm he joined with Ayers and Dohrn because Obama too continues to believe, albeit silently and secretly, in the Far Left's radical agenda."(p. 140)
TRUTH: Obama probably knew Ayers was a leftist, but he didn't care. Obama believes in the notion of a free society, where you work with people you disagree with.
12. LIE: "Even today, Ayers appears to hold the same radical political beliefs he did in the Weather Underground, and Obama had to know that was also the case when he first met Ayers in 1995."(Jerome Corsi, p. 147)
TRUTH: Corsi doesn't explain how Obama "had to know" Ayers' views on politics when he first met him. Telepathy? Mind-reading?
13. LIE: David Freddoso calls Obama's distant connection with Bill Ayers "a remarkable relationship for a presidential nominee to have."(p. 122)
TRUTH: It reality, it's not remarkable at all. The notion that people should resign from foundations and refuse to speak in public in order to avoid any connection to a former radical never convicted of a crime is absurd.
14. LIE: "The major media simply have not reported on Obama's two years at New York's Columbia University, where, among other things, he lived a mere quarter-mile from former terrorist Bill Ayers."(Tony Blankley, September 24, 2008)
TRUTH: Thousands upon thousands of people lived near Bill Ayers in Manhattan. Obama didn't know Ayers.
15. LIE: Mr. Ayers founded CAC and was its guiding spirit. No one would have been appointed the CAC chairman without his approval. (Stanley Kurtz, Wall Street Journal)
TRUTH: Kurtz has no evidence to support his claim. Ayers was one of several people involved in starting the group, and was not its guiding spirit. According to the New York Times reporting, Obama was recruited by other CAC leaders who knew him through the Joyce Foundation.
16. LIE: Mr. Obama and Mr. Ayers worked as a team to advance the CAC agenda. (Stanley Kurtz, Wall Street Journal)
TRUTH: Kurtz has no evidence that Obama and Ayers worked as a team. Ayers attended six meetings of the group along with Obama.
17. LIE: "Obama is hanging around with Bill Ayers and Jeremiah Wright. By the way, Bill Ayers advertised himself as being a communist with a small c just when he was beginning to
partner with Obama on the Chicago Annenberg Challenge. (Stanley Kurtz, Hudson Institute, Washington DC, October 1, 2008)
TRUTH: Contrary to this McCarthyist attack, there's no evidence that Obama ever knew that Ayers supposedly called himself a communist, nor is that a good reason for Obama to end his work on school reform and charitable activities.
18. LIE: "who provided Obama with the only executive experience he has ever had in his young life? Bill Ayers, unrepentant domestic terrorist, communist revolutionary... (Joseph Farah, World Net Daily, October 2, 2008)
TRUTH: Ayers did not provide Obama with the Chicago Annenberg Challenge job. And Obama has also had executive experience in community organizing, running a voter registration drive, as well as running his campaigns. The New York Times reported, "In fact, according to several people involved, Mr. Ayers played no role in Mr. Obama's appointment. Instead, it was suggested by Deborah Leff, then president of the Joyce Foundation, a Chicago-based group whose board Mr. Obama, a young lawyer, had joined the previous year."(Scott Shane, New York Times, October 4, 2008)
19. LIE: "Barack Obama is friends with Ayers, defending him as quote 'respectable and mainstream.'"(American Issues Project ad, August 2008)
TRUTH: David Axelrod described them as "friendly," not friends. Obama didn't call Ayers respectable and mainstream (although Ayers now is); Obama's campaign on his website posted an op-ed in the press that described Ayers that way.
20. LIE: "I can't understand why somebody who wants to be president of the United States, I'll be perfectly honest with you, would want to associate or not condemn the actions of people in the past."(Paul Ragonese, April 27, 2008, Fox News' Hannity's America)
TRUTH: Obama has condemned the past actions of Bill Ayers and called him somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago. (April 16, 2008 debate)
21. LIE: "Mr. Ayers founded CAC and was its guiding spirit. No one would have been appointed the CAC chairman without his approval."(Stanley Kurtz, Wall Street Journal)
TRUTH: Kurtz has no evidence to support his claim. Ayers was one of several people involved in starting the group, and was not its guiding spirit.
22. LIE: "Mr. Obama and Mr. Ayers worked as a team to advance the CAC agenda."(Stanley Kurtz, Wall Street Journal)
TRUTH: Kurtz has no evidence that Obama and Ayers worked as a team. Ayers attended six meetings of the group along with Obama.
23. LIE: About Bill Ayers, "Barack Obama really couldn't bring himself to say 'you know, I really don't like that guy.' That was too much for him to say. He had to talk about what a decent guy he is and what a good professor."(Jim Geraghty, "Hype: The Obama Effect")
TRUTH: There is no record of Obama during the campaign calling Ayers "decent" and "a good professor." In fact, Obama really did bring himself to criticize Ayers, denouncing him during a Democratic debate as "somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago."
24. LIE: "Obama was feted at a fundraising event" at Ayers' home.("Hype: The Obama Effect")
TRUTH: Obama never had a fundraising event at Ayers' home.
25. LIE: Barack Obama and Bill Ayers had a close working relationship...the two of them were running the foundation together. (Stanley Kurtz, Fox News Channel's Fox and Friends, September 29, 2008)
TRUTH: Kurtz has no evidence of a "close working relationship" beyond attending a few meetings together. The notion that Obama and Ayers were the only ones running the Chicago Annenberg Challenge is absolutely false.
26. LIE: "The most important smoking gun is that Barack Obama was funding Bill Ayers' radical educational projects."(Stanley Kurtz, Fox News Channel's Fox and Friends, September 29, 2008)
TRUTH: This is false. Obama was the president of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, not its dictator. There's no evidence that Obama made any funding decisions. Moreover, it would have been completely unprofessional for anyone, including Obama, to ban Bill Ayers from receiving funding for educational projects because of alleged radical activities decades earlier which Ayers was never convicted of. Kurtz has no evidence that projects were judged based on anything other than their merits. This is a pure smear by association.
27. LIE: Emails "give us strong evidence that there may have been a cover-up in Bill Ayers' role choosing Barack Obama."(Stanley Kurtz, Fox News Channel's Fox and Friends, September 29, 2008)
TRUTH: This is a fabrication. The email Kurtz is referring to shows absolutely no kind of cover up. In fact, it shows exactly the opposite. In his blog, Kurtz quotes the entire email Ken Rolling wrote to CAC founders Warren Chapman and Anne Hallett and notes that Sam Dillon, Education Reporter for the New York Times, was working on an article. Rolling wrote about Dillon, He is trying to understand how Barack got 'picked' for the CAC board, by whom, why, etc. - I have avoided that question head-on though I believe Barack was Debbie Leff's/Joyce nomination." This email reveals no kind of cover-up, and the New York Times article found several sources that said Obama was not picked by Ayers.
28. LIE: "There is a secret group in the Obama-Biden campaign tasked with shutting off any leaks from the record that links Barack Obama to his longtime adviser and mentor Bill Ayers, professor of education at the University of Illinois and unrepentant Weatherman terrorist and fugitive from the 1970s....There is a substantial independent report from a major Democratic source that confirms Diamond's suspicions. The source confirms the unit is led by Bill Ayers himself and likely includes Tom Hayden and other members of 'Progressives for Obama.' Most critically, the Democratic source says this unit has direct access to media adviser David Axelrod of the Obama-Biden campaign."(John Batchelor, Human Events, September 12, 2008)
TRUTH: There is no "secret group." Hayden reports, "I am not part of any effort, personal or organized, trying to protect Obama against any leaks." The notion that Ayers is leading the "unit" is laughable. According to the University of Illinois library, "all papers have been available since August 26" about the school reform group that Ayers and Obama worked on. Diamond, the source cited for the existence of the "unit," declares, "I have no evidence of such a unit." Diamond added, "I told Batchelor that I would not speak to Human Events yet he made up a quote from me and placed it in his article."
And just so you know:
Ayers is currently a Distinguished Professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Education. His interests include teaching for social justice, urban educational reform, narrative and interpretive research, children in trouble with the law, and related issues.
He began his career in primary education while an undergraduate, teaching at the Children’s Community School (CCS), a project founded by a group of students and based on the Summerhill method of education. After leaving the underground, he earned an M.Ed from Bank Street College in Early Childhood Education (1984), an M.Ed from Teachers College, Columbia University in Early Childhood Education (1987) and an Ed.D from Teachers College, Columbia University in Curriculum and Instruction (1987).He has edited and written many books and articles on education theory, policy and practice, and has appeared on many panels and symposia.
-- from the Wiki bio...
Sunday, October 05, 2008
Saturday, October 04, 2008
Friday, October 03, 2008
Thursday, October 02, 2008
Wednesday, October 01, 2008
Just received a box of our new split 3" CD with Italian freak-scene stalwarts Harshcore. Released by the fine Dokuro label, and featuring sleeve design by the always sterling Merlo, this Piemontese/Pazzi convulsion awaits your collusion...
A hearty (and mask-muffled) salute to H'core! Your track is excellent, gents...
Released in a limited edition of 70 and on sale NOW!
For this recording, TLASILA was:
Ben Wolcott (oscillator), Rat Bastard (electronics), Gaybomb (magnetic card reader), Graham Moore (electronics), and TS (voice, manipulations, mix and production).
(Above, the outer sleeve, as illustrated by Merlo.)
(The TLASILA half of the inner sleeve, again by Merlo.)
(And Harshcore's interior fold, also inked by Merlo.)
Thomas Fehlmann and Gudrun Gut on the Birth of Berlin Techno and Life Beyond the Wall We approve. Read the piece in Sleek .
KSV 409: Merkwürdig Riechnerv 's No Knife to Twist is available now for digital cogitation and limited-ed CD levitation via KSV Bandcam...
Day Eight. Matte essays into razor tabletop. While I read from sliced divination, re-describe third outlet... TS