The Obamercial...

Hello,

I'm sitting in the Cool Palm's front room in Hannover, catching up on the news back home. SAS didn't have a live news channel on their in-flight system*, so I missed Senator Obama's infomercial. Just watched it, and I admit that I got a little choked up around the 27-minute mark. As the Huffington Post's Rachael Sklar points out, it definitely wasn't bug-eyed Ross Perot gesticulating over a pie chart. It was a ratings hit as well, far outdrawing Game 6 of the World Series...


*SAS offered sixteen films in economy class, including Billy Wilder's brilliant 1960 tragicomedy The Apartment and Klaus Härö's astute 2007 drama Den Nya Människan -- I watched those, as well as Get Smart, which I'd avoided on release. The Steve Carell-Ken Davitian scenes at KAOS HQ in Mockva made me laugh out loud...

Comments

Popular Posts