71 Minutes to T Minus One!

We're drunk, grooving to Charles Wright and the Watts 103rd Street Rhythm Band. 2010 is just an immoderate glace and brazen ass-grab away. We'll soon be stumbling up the strasse to watch fireworks, and only Satan knows where the night will take us.

Thanks to everyone who loves, supports, or supplies a glancing blow to the superstructure of TLASILA Corp. Massive, unending, unyielding thanks to all who helped Karl Schmidt Verlag lift off - the 50-disc retrospective boxes should be in the post by the end of next week (my printer took two weeks off instead of one, so there's been a wee delay - no worries, gang, as you'll be rewarded for slight inconveniences).

Huge thanks to all who came out to see Rope Cosmetology, Three Resurrected Drunkards, my infrequent DJ sets, Claudia's (exceptional) sets, etc. Expect much more from all of us in the new year...

--

Tradition time:

Every year I offer a list of my favorite recordings from the previous twelve months, and as in recent cycles, I must first warn that these aren't "bests" by any stretch - I haven't listened to two-thirds of the stuff I have, much less the preponderant tsunami of sound available to all of us. I never mention recordings by band members, associates, labels that support my art, their artists, anyone with the slightest connection, so keep in mind before I list my Top 3 for '09 that I really loved the track Mark Morgan sent me from the forthcoming Sightings album, and I was very proud of Andrew W.K. for releasing two collections as contrary and compelling as Gundam Rock and 55 Cadillac. Ditto releases by pals Magas, Balazs Pandi, Sickboy Milkplus, et al. Well done, all!

My favorite recordings of 2009:

Kryptic Minds - One of Us (Swamp 81 SWAMPCD001 CD)

Wax - Dub Shed Sessions I EP (Subsolo SUB005 12")

Kiki - Kaiku (BPitch Control BPC196 CD)

These have been locked in for ages, and I was hoping one would be bumped from the list, really just to disturb my own notions of primacy. But fuck it, these blew my mind. So there you have it...

44 minutes to Year 20!

Love,

Tom

Comments

Popular Posts